St. Luke's & St. Paul's Youth Group
Youth Calendar through Jan. 2018
We meet twice a month, from 6-7:30pm, mostly on Wednesday, but sometimes not. Usually we alternate between meeting at St. Luke's and St. Paul's (St. Paul's is currently meeting at Trinity Lutheran Church), but please check schedule for date & place of each event:
- Oct. 18 6pm at St. Luke's. Bring $5 for pizza (RSVP your topping of choice). Game night and write covenant for summer Mission Trip.
- Nov. 1 at St. Paul's (at Trinity Lutheran) - topic TBA
- Nov. 15 Watch Nativity Story at St. Luke's. Please be prompt, as we need to start the movie at 6pm to finish on time.
- Dec. 6 Youth Group Christmas Party at St. Paul's (at Trinity Lutheran). Games and Plan for Kids' Day Out
- Dec. 15 FRIDAY. Major Fundraiser for Mission Trip 5:30-8 pm at St. Luke's. We are providing childcare so parents can prepare for Christmas.This is a fundraiser for our mission trip, so WE NEED YOU.
- Jan. 3 Movie Matinee Meet us at the theater (details TBA) Bring $.
Are you in middle school or high school? Join us for St. Luke's & St. Paul's joint youth group!
It's a stop on your spiritual journey and a chance to make friends outside the pressures of school!
Highlights of Some 2016-17 Meetings:
At St. Luke's on November 16, the group burned their woes and then roasted marshmallows on the ashes of their woes.
At St. Paul's on November 2, golden doodle puppies visited youth group to be socialized.
At St. Luke's on October 19, the group learned about the Day of the Dead and how it relates to All Souls Day and All Saints Day. They ate skull cookies and decorated plastic and marshmallow skulls.
Special meeting on Tuesday, February 28 at the Pancake Supper fundraiser for the mission trip.
Every Sunday (September through May) from 9:30 to 10:15 a.m., for 5th grade and up.
This is a pre-confirmation class, pondering the big questions of life with a variety of materials, activities, crafts and video.
Youth Mission Trip
June 11-15, 2017
Keep the youth in your prayers!
2016 youth mission trip mentioned in FoCo Cafe article on the Freege!
The Colorado Youth Leadership Initiative (Rising 9th & 10th Graders)
What does it mean to be a servant leader, work as a team, and bring your full heart and faith into every aspect of your life? Through team and individual challenges, students learn judgment and decision-making skills based in God and faith and how to apply them with compassion as servant leaders in the world. Team-building, spiritual practice, and exploration are central to this program.
COYLI is a three-year commitment.* More information, and to apply here.
Camp Dates for COYLI Year 1: July 30-August 5, 2017
Age: Rising 9th and 10th graders
*For years 2 and 3, you need to have completed year 1. Go to the same page for information on these programs.