A wedding at St. Luke's celebrates Christian marriage and seeks God’s blessing on a couple’s life together. Marriage in the church affirms that faith will play an important role in your relationship.
At least one member of the couple considering marriage at St. Luke's must be a baptized member of the parish or in the process of establishing membership through regular attendance at worship services, participation in parish ministries, and a financial commitment to the parish.
Couples are prepared through a series of conversations with the clergy to explore the Christian understanding of marriage and to plan the service. St. Luke’s Church and clergy are available to celebrate marriage for same-sex and opposite-sex couples.
Approved wedding ceremonies:
- The Witnessing & Blessing of a Marriage (revised 2015, any couple)
- The Celebration & Blessing of a Marriage (Book of Common Prayer 1979, opposite-sex couples only)
To begin planning your wedding, please contact the office. 970-493-7512
What is Confirmation?
Confirmation is a ritual that celebrates a person making a mature, public reaffirmation of their Christian faith and baptismal promises.*
These rites are celebrated with the bishop, recalling that our faith connects each of us to Christians throughout God’s universal Church. Confirmation is available for both youth (age 15 and up) and adults:
- Confirmation welcomes youth and adults who have never before made a mature, public affirmation of faith in Christ or celebrated this rite of the Church with a Bishop.
- Reception into the Episcopal Church welcomes all who have previously been confirmed in Lutheran, Roman Catholic or Christian Orthodox churches.
- Reaffirmation of baptismal vows is a ritual that welcomes anyone who has previously been confirmed in or received into the Episcopal Church but wishes to renew their commitment in Christ and mark the opening of a new spiritual beginning.
* The Bishop of the Episcopal Church in Colorado celebrates these rites in the late spring each year at a parish in our region. The regional Confirmation Service in 2018 is at the Cathedral in Denver on April 7 at 10am. View the Confirmation liturgy from the Book of Common Prayer.
Holy Baptism is the sacrament by which God adopts us as his children and makes us members of Christ’s Body, the Church, and participants Christ’s community.
If you have a child you wish to present for Baptism, the expectation is that at least one parent has been baptized. We hope parent(s) will become full participant(s) at St. Luke’s. Adults who wish to be baptized will complete baptismal preparation with the Rector.
At St. Luke’s, baptism is celebrated several times each year:
- The Feast of the Baptism of our Lord (the First Sunday after the Epiphany -- January 7, 2018),
- The Easter Vigil (March 21, 2018 - Saturday night),
- Pentecost Sunday (May 20, 2018),
- All Saints' Sunday (November 4, 2018).
View the baptism liturgy from the Book of Common Prayer. Contact the office to set up meetings for baptismal preparation. 970-493-7512
If you have previously been confirmed or received into the Episcopal Church, we can request a letter of transfer from your previous congregation. Please contact the office at 970-493-7512.